Monday, December 31, 2012

Contentment in 2013



We love to quote Philippians 4:13, “I can do all this through him (Jesus) who gives me strength.” However, to separate it from Philippians 4:12 is a mistake.  Philippians 4:12 states, “I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.” 

The strength we receive from Christ “to do all things” in Philippians 4:13 is the ability to endure and be content and not about achieving great things that garner recognition from the world.  The longer I walk with Christ, the more I appreciate the endurance of older godly saints who have shown great poise, contentment, and joy in the face of great adversity.   

No comments: